Monday, October 8, 2012

I Want You Back: NSYNC Narrates the NHL Lockout

As I'm sure anyone with a pulse has realized, the NHL is going to be locked out. Nothing you, or I, or that crazy Vancouver Canucks fan does can stop the savage take over of the season. I feel your pain, I really do. Every few days they throw us a bone on ESPN: Players file for Injunction, Everyone loses hope. We're talking, but haha, screw your hopes and dreams. This is going to be a decennial thing now! As if this is something we as hockey fans are supposed to be excited about.

Regardless, the nitty gritty of the Lockout goes something like this:

Bettman: It's my money and I need it now!
Owners: It's OUR money and WE want it now!
Players: I like money. I like hockey too... decisions.
Owners: They are deceiving and disobeying us! Lockout for reasons!
Then lockout occurs. It is super effective at crushing hearts and souls across Canada and America.

One solution was Greg Wyshynski's suggestion that hockey fans across both countries have a movement in the way of "Occupy the NHL Store" which not only pokes fun at the capitalism of the thing, but also would be a pretty prevalent place in New York in which to draw some serious media attention. I think it's a good idea.

(You read nothing, I am not supporting this in any way that would later result in me not being hired by any sports network.) 

If you want more information, any ESPN story lays it out pretty well. These deadlines are not being met and for some reason, no one can play nice and compromise. All of those lessons in Kindergarten about sharing were complete crap. If you complain about money, you get it, no matter who suffers. Real world lessons here guys.

So whether you are a casual fan, or you bleed your teams' colors, this is going to hurt you one way or another. So please excuse me while I sob quietly in the corner into my Zach Parise jersey. By the way, the Wild aren't winning the Stanley Cup this year. I bet they don't even make it to the playoffs. But that's another story entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment